How many sites can I use a plugin on?
When you buy one of our plugins, you can usually choose between these plans:
- Single site – Covers 1 site
- 3 sites – Covers up to 3 sites
- 20 sites – Covers up to 20 sites
This article will help you to decide how many sites your license needs to cover.
Test, development or local installs do not count
In addition to the number of live websites included in your plan, you can use your license key on an unlimited number of local, test or development WordPress installs.
Whether or not a site is local or a test/dev site depends on its URL and should have one of the following:
- The localhost domain name
- The local IP 127.0.0.1
- End in .dev, .development, .staging, or .test
- A subdomain like dev.something, testing.something, or staging.something
You can check a full list of accepted URL patterns here.
If you have a WordPress multisite then each site counts as a separate activation. For example, if your multisite network consists of 3 sites then you will need the 3-site license.
Can I install a license on a different, 2nd domain?
If you have a single-site license, you can install the plugin on a different domain if:
- Your license is not expired (you have an active subscription).
- The plugin is deactivated and removed from the old site.
Can I test the plugin on 1 site, then upgrade my license later?
Yes, you can update your license key later and pay the difference. If you want to upgrade, please contact us with your license key in the message.
Was this article helpful?